Home » Customer Responsibilities
- Keep your water meter clear of vegetation and ensure MWSA has access to read it. Additional charges may be imposed for MWSA to maintain access to your water meter.
- All water leaks on the customer’s side of the water meter are the responsibility of the customer to fix. Water use charges associated with the leak are also the responsibility of the customer.
- In accordance with Washington State Law, all Backflow Prevention Devices on the customer’s property must be tested by the customer on an annual basis. A copy of each test result must be submitted to MWSA to retain on file.
- Delivering sufficient high quality drinking water to all customers is MWSA’s primarily purpose. Customer’s must be reasonable in water use. Excess use (e.g., filling of a swimming pool) must be arranged with MWSA prior to use.
- Customers must be responsible for the health of our aquifer. Do not dispose of harmful chemicals on your property, and minimize use of pesticides and herbicides.