Home » Billing Dispute Resolution Policy
- Billing discrepancies under $100 will be handled at the discretion of the Water Manager.
- Bill disputes caused by a water leak within the Shareholders portion of the system will be resolved as follows following receipt of a letter from the Shareholder requesting resolution within three billing cycles (3 months):
- If water leak is fixed and/or secured as soon as practicable after notification MWSA will reduce the bill by eliminating water charges in the top block affected by the leak.
- Water leak quantity will be determined by analysis of the meter readings and past usage including annual peak usage.If water leak is not fixed in a timely manner, no reduction in the water bill will be given
- Only one billing resolution resulting in partial forgiveness of a water bill will be allowed within a 24 month period, or at the discretion of the board